>

We have closed our doors . . .

After a long and wonderful run, Queen Bee Designs has closed its doors. I have returned to teaching (quite unexpectedly) and thank you all for your dedication over the last few years.

Amanda



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keep Them Close to Your Heart . . .


One of the best parts about my business is being able to work with amazing people. Most of them are women and all of them have a story to tell. Some tell of love and happiness and others share their tales of sorrow. Either way, I feel honored to be a part of each of these individuals lives. I get goose bumps each time I think about how something I have created could quite possibly become a family keepsake. One such piece was recently made for Peggy and with her permission I would like to share a snippet of her story.

Peggy e-mailed me with the story of her son who is on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. She was looking for a piece that would keep her close to him while he is away. I remember her saying that it felt silly, but that by wearing something with his name on it she would feel a sense of peace and protection over him. After working on the design together via e-mail, we came up with the design shown above and this is the e-mail I received from her as soon as she got it . . .

Amanda,

I received my necklace today, PERFECT!!! I will wear it every
day *name omitted* is gone ....as weird as it may sound, I feel like by wearing it, I am helping to keep him safe. So a very very deep hearted thank you.

Peggy